Five finalists have been chosen in a national search for a new president of South Puget Sound Community College.
The finalists will meet staff, faculty and the community in early December. The SPSCC Board of Trustees is scheduled to make a final decision later next month.
The finalists are:
• Douglas W. Allen, Ed.D., president of Ridgewater College in Willmar, Minnesota.
• Sandra A. Fowler-Hill, Ed.D., executive vice president of instruction and student services at Everett Community College in Everett, Washington.
• Larry Galizio Ph.D. Clatsop Community College president in Astoria, Oregon.
• David M. Smith, Ph.D., vice president of instruction and student affairs at Colorado Northwestern Community College.
• Timothy S. Stokes, Ed.D., executive vice president for academic and student affairs at the Tacoma Community College.
The new president will be replacing Gerald Pumphrey, who has been at the helm of SPSCC since August 2006.
The Board hired The National Search and Education Consulting firm to assist in the hiring process.
“The Board has an important and challenging task ahead in choosing among these highly qualified individuals for the next president of this respected institution,” Board of Trustees Chair Judy Blinn said.