Drive or Ride

Each quarter South Puget Sound Community College provides stickers to validate student identification cards. Current stickers equip students with free fare on Intercity Transit and other costless resources. These resources are not only available at SPSCC’s campus but The Evergreen State College campus as well.

In addition to offering free public transit within Thurston County, SPSCC SID stickers offer free entrance to campus events, concerts and activities in the Student Union Building. You can use the exercise rooms at either SPSCC or TESC. At TESC you can use the pool, rock climbing wall, sauna, library, and racquetball courts. Be sure to check with local businesses to see if they offer a student discount.

If you would like to ride the bus for free but do not live on a bus line, you can drive to one of the park and rides located next to a bus line. Park and rides are located throughout Thurston County, according to the SPSCC website.

Intercity Transit offers the opportunity to join or create a carpool route. Carpool routes differ from the Intercity Transit bus routes and consist of other students who live near you that want to carpool.

More information can be found at or by contacting the Intercity Transit’s customer service at (360)786-1881.

Those who choose to park on campus have to pay for parking permits.

According to the SPSCC website, on campus parking is $2 for a daily permit, which must be placed face up on a dashboard. Daily parking permits can be purchased at the roundabout outside building 21.

Quarterly or annual permits can be purchased at the cashiers office located in building 25. You must bring your vehicle registration or a copy of it.

If you are a full-time student you can purchase permits each quarter for $44.02.

Part-time students can purchase a quarterly permit for $35.22 or an annual permit for $78.26.

If you would like to purchase an annual permit you may do so for $97.83. Be aware that annual tickets must be purchased during fall quarter.

If driving a motorcycle, the fee for a quarter will be $5.44 or $21.74 annually. If for any reason you lose your permit you can get a replacement for $5.44.

You can also use the carpool lot located on campus. Anyone in your carpool can register their vehicle for an extra cost after paying the initial quarterly/annual fee. If you are not driving your registered vehicle but need a temporary permit for the day, you can obtain one at the security office also located in building 25.

Olympia Area Park & Rides
Olympia: Rotter Toyota next to Automall or Westfield mall parking lot
Lacey: SPSCC Hawks Prairie Campus or Park and Ride located off of I-5 and Martin Way
Other: Amtrack Park and Ride off of Yelm Highway or Deschutes Park located next to Capitol Lake